Starlit Nights

Nights, when the stars shine down in all their splendour. Nights, when I can only lie on the grass, and look up in wonder.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Loneliness

I stand here, on the edge of the cliff, watching the sea below.
The tides crash into the shore, as if in rage,
then they caress it, as though they were one.
Time has flown and how?
'Tis but true that they wait for none.

I was here yesterday, watching the horizon,
as the sun woke up from his slumber;
wanting to take a step ahead into my dreams,
and as the sun rose, we walked together.

Matching steps, and missing them; missing them, and then matching them.
Together we walked and walked and walked...

Never realised when she went her way.
Never even felt that she was away.
Never got to know when she slipped my clasp,
Never heard a goodbye, a sigh or a gasp.

Here I am now, all alone
Searching for her, high and low.
Each time I seek her, Each time I call,
I get an echo, I see my own shadow.

I am here again today, watching the horizon,
as the sun goes down into the sea;
wanting to take a step ahead into the emptiness,
from where it all began.

29V04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home